Friday, March 18, 2011

A little taste of My Life

Tina
        Tina. My grandma Tina. My Dad’s mom, and my grandpa’s wife. She was diagnosed with stage four cancer which had spread all throughout her body. She fought it as long as she could, but the time came. The time came that she had to let go, and learn the unknown. She moved on and learned what comes after life. She passed away roughly six years ago, and we all miss her dearly. When my mother gave me news that she had passed away, it was at that point that I realized something. I realized probably the most important thing in life that I will ever learn. I discovered the important of my family. It was at that point in my life just eight years old, that I realized how much my family meant to me. You never really realize how important something is, and how lucky you are until you lose someone or something. I have never looked at my family as my support group, my shoulder to cry on, my life until now. To this day, I look at my family as my life, and that will never change. No matter how many family issues we have, no matter how annoying, rude, or audacious they can get, I will always love them to death.


Marriage
I remember the day. That day that my mom said she had something to talk to me about and pulled out a plastic twenty-five cent toy ring. That was the day that she told me that Kevin had proposed. Proposed with a plastic toy ring. This confused me. Was this a joke? I knew that they were serious about each other, but a toy ring? My mom asked,  “How would you feel if Kevin and I got married?” I was happy, because Kevin had always been really nice to me, but still didn’t fully understand the situation. I thought people proposed with real rings, you know with diamonds and rubies and stuff. My mom explained why she was holding a toy ring. Kevin didn’t want to buy her a ring that she didn’t like, so he got her the toy one, until they could go and get a real one. Then came time for the dress, suit, and wedding. It was a small wedding simple with not many people but nice and sweet. That was about five years ago, and I will never forget the day. I will never forget this day, because this was the day that I realized one of the most important things that. I realized that no one could replace my father (who I still see 2-3 days a week), but another father figure could be a part of my life.




My Name

        My name is nothing special to the average person, but to my family and I it is somewhat traditional. Cameron, my first name is nothing special. It’s is the only name that both my parents could agree on. My mom wanted to name me after my Dad, but my Dad was not having it. My first middle name James, is a tradition for all of the grand children on my Dad’s side of the family. My second middle name is Phillips, which is my mother’s madden name. Actually her birth last name was LaJoie, but it was changed to Phillips when she was two years old. Lastly, my last name is Leahy which just about as Irish you can get. In Ireland, Leahy means king of kings or something like that, but my Dad’s side of the family is truly Irish. Long story short, my name is nothing special to everyone else, but me and my family it is something special.



I Was Positive, But Wrong
        I had never felt anything so strong in my life. Everything in life felt like a dream. Things were so perfect. I had never felt anything like this in my life. I was positive that she was the one. I was positive at the age of fourteen. Maybe I was just caught up in the heat of the moment, which is probably what was happening. When the time came, the time to put this wonderful thing to an end. Why? Why did one of the best things that ever happened to me have to stop. I wanted this forever. I guess life isn’t perfect. I didn’t see her for three weeks because I went to Europe. That was probably the best three weeks of my life, but something was wrong. She was not with me. I was ecstatic to be back home and see her and my family, and I thought everything was fine. A week later all my happiness soon came to an end. Of course I got over it, but I wish I never had too. She is still my best friend, but I wish so much more than that. Life is not perfect, and I cant get everything I want. We will see how it goes from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Search This Blog