Friday, March 25, 2011

What would Cisneros Say?

According to the book, I believe that Sandra Cisneros believes that boys and girls should be raised differently. From reading the book I get the impression that Cisneros believes that they need to be sheltered and protected. Protected from guys and from life. For example Esperanza says, “Sally, make him stop. I couldn’t make them go away…why did you leave me all alone? I waited my whole life.” (P.99) This shows that she feels that girls should be protected from boys especially around the teenage years. I feel that maybe this is how Cisneros was raised, so maybe that is why she chose to put this part in the book. Another example is on page 8. She says, “The boys and girls live in separate worlds. The boys in their universe and we in ours.” This is a result to being raised differently. Overall, this is just a couple of examples that I can find throughout the book. All of this evidence proves that Saundra Cisneros believes that girls should be more protected and sheltered from the outside world. Even though I may not believe in this from my point of view, this is what I fell that Saundra Cisneros was trying to tell us in her writing of the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Search This Blog