Friday, January 28, 2011

Why I agree with Justice Toailoa on Changing your Child's DNA

Justice says, " In my opinion I don't think the parent has any right to determine the DNA for their child because not only is it morally wrong, but also genetically dangerous." I agree with this, and in my opinion I beeve that the risks of this procedure outwheigh the benefits. 


I think that one thing Justice could have added to her debate, was the very possable chance(s) of genetic mutation and other types of mental illnes. By changing or messing with the child's DNA before it is born could leeve to these genetic defects. I am going to use smoking as a example. When expecting mothers smoke while pregnant can cause birth defects, than imagine what tamporing with their DNA could do. 


Other than that, I felt that justice's opening statement was very well rounded. The only thing taht I would have changed was her evidence. I felt that there was no sources which was ok, but in order to make her agruments valid, sources are needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Search This Blog